Monday 14 April 2014

Greystoke

Today I am off to Cumbria.

I had a really good nights sleep and it's one of those lovely sunny days with a bit of a nip in the air...perfect for walking.

My destination is the village of Greystoke, about 4 miles west of Penrith. It is famous for 'Tarzan' and the Gordon Richards racing stables.

More importantly for me is the Boot and Shoe Inn where I am staying. It has a great reputation for food and entertainment. Tonight is an open night where people come along and do gigs.

2 comments:

  1. On your travels look out for the Earl of Greystoke, and of course Cheetah. How about swinging from the trees instead of walking it will give your feet a rest and you may get there quicker. !!!!! Love Sue. Xxxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Enjoy the night, but keep off those feet. Clap your hands instead. Xxxxx

    ReplyDelete

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.