Tuesday 15 April 2014

A bit of a slog!

Today was definitely a slog.

The first stretch from Greystoke to Carlisle was Lowland farming country and very pleasant. The problem from a walking perspective was that it was a dead straight road for about 15 miles. I made good time but it seemed to take for ever

Then I went through Carlisle which is not one of my favourite city's. The final section ran adjacent to the motorway up to Gretna.

The really good news is that I am in Scotland !!!!

I also went quicker today....it will be interesting to see how I feel tomorrow.

3 comments:

  1. Over the border and on schedule, great achievement. hope the legs recover for tomorrow since I'm sure the climbing will start again real soon. Enjoy your dinner and perhaps a local bevvy. BarryJ

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well done Bob, in bonny Scotland. Hock eye the new. Not sure how you spell it but you no what I mean. Will it be haggis for dinner or breakfast, you have to try it along with a wee toddie. Love you. Sue. Xxxxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. It must have been huge for you see that sign to know you have reached Scotland! It is a beautiful country so hopefully plenty to enjoy.

    ReplyDelete

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.