Wednesday 12 March 2014

What to take?

Lots of people have shown concern about how heavy my rucksack should be. I had it all worked out at 25 lbs and was happy with that. On reflection the daily toll would apply a big strain on my hips and knees. I have ditched loads of stuff and the weight is now a mere 15lbs.

So what am I taking? The photo shows my extensive wardrobe for the six weeks!

Ladies,...a lesson on packing for ones holidays.

This is obviously additional to my walking gear and waterproofs.

Other items are water, food, maps (which I have cut down) toiletries, a small first aid kit and my phone and battery pack.

3 comments:

  1. Ummmm....how many undies do you have?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Vicky,

    2 Pairs of 'Tilleys'. Made in the good old USA.....quick drying overnight.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Bob I have just ordered 2 pairs of Tilley's underpants for my Great Glen Way walk. The cheapest I could find in the UK was £16 a pair but I'm happy with that :-) Thank you for the advice.

    ReplyDelete

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.