Saturday 29 March 2014

Bed for the night

The B&B last night was cheap and cheerful. Well actually it was rather more 'cheap' than cheerful! The bed was clean and I had a shower so I was ok.

I asked if he did an early breakfast. To him 8.30 is early. I said that a bowl of cereal would do and could I have that at 7.00.... He reluctantly agreed and said that he would come down and open up for me.

He appeared at 7.10 in his dressing gown. I thought it best not to mention that he was late! I got my cereal but there was no pot of tea.

It was a sad story, his wife had recently left him and his staff had disappeared a couple of days ago.

My simple walk in the countryside now seems like an easy day.

Sent from my iPhone

1 comment:

  1. That is so sad. I think you will find that many people wil share their personal stories along your way and that you wil carry them with you, and by doing that they will be made relevent :-)

    ReplyDelete

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.