Thursday 27 March 2014

Goodbye to Cornwall

I have only been on the road for 4 days but the time has flown by.

I am right on the border, and early tomorrow morning will sadly be leaving Cornwall.

I have travelled just over a hundred miles and it has been glorious. Except of course the torrential rain on Monday, mind you one day out of four is pretty good.

It has been great staying with Izy and Lynton. Meeting up with Bob was a bonus. The Sea was special and I was pleasantly surprised with the rolling hills and moors.

My B&B is again very good. The Bridge House in Gunnislake. I was greeted with a Cornish Tea .. 3 homemade scones, jam and lashings of clotted cream and a large pot of tea. It really 'hit the spot' but I have to confess that I could only manage 1!
Myles is a great chef and I had an excellent evening meal.

www.CornwallBedandBreakfast.org

Not to forget my 'luxury' packed lunch for my day on Dartmoor.

People can be so nice.

2 comments:

  1. Leaving the promised land now Bob, so take it easy hope the rest of the day goes well and you stay dry, just to let you know its pissing down here
    Bob

    ReplyDelete
  2. Upwards and onwards, do you have clothes for snow? I am so glad you are doing this walk, it fills me with happiness each morning :-) Btw, I loved Devon when I still lived in England. Love you.

    ReplyDelete

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.