Saturday 3 May 2014

A successful day

Well it was mission accomplished today leaving myself an easier day tomorrow of about 22 miles.

It was interesting meeting 2 guys both starting out but going the other way.

The one looked very fit and had given himself 8 weeks which I think he will achieve comfortably.

The other had a heavy pack and was camping. He intended to walk the first 4 days and then run the rest, completing in 21 days. I might be doing him a complete disservice but I thought he was in cloud cuckoo land! Just looking at him and his gear he has no chance, plus he was totally unassisted.

The B&B has great panoramic views across the sea. We are dining there as well...Cullen Skink using fish from there own smoke house, then Roast Pork from there own hand reared pigs.

A nice bath and a four poster bed....luxury. It is amazing how the accommodation has differed as they have all been a similar cost.

3 comments:

  1. Hi Bob, another impressive day , your stats continue to amaze me. Make sure you enjoy every second tomorrow, I am out walking all day but all my thoughts will be with you. Hope Sue is feeling better and you both enjoy what sounds like a super meal. PS I don't think that guy has got any chance either. Good walking Barry J

    ReplyDelete
  2. Roast pork..mmmmm yummy! I would have loved to have seen your face when you heard the guy say he would run the remainder..haha..that is why I got you the GoPro to capture moments like that!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    My friends in the US have enjoyed folowing your journey on my FB page. They are requesting that you walk back to Cornwall so that they can continue to enjoy :-0)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Last day Bob. Fantastic.
    It will be an emotional one. Enjoy every minute of it, you have achieved something very special. It has been a privilege to follow it.
    Chris McK

    ReplyDelete

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.